Sunday, January 29, 2012

Street Scenes


This award-winning image is called Real Life in Havana -- it tells the story that most tourists don't see, but is real and true.  Per usual, I was running late to meet up with some people, and decided to take a short cut that would by-pass the tourist path.  As I was running, I glanced west -- the lighting down the street was perfect.  I stopped long enough just to get the one shot. 



This image is called Love on the Malecon.  The Malecon is a seawall along the coast in Havana where locals and tourists gather to enjoy the water and the view, especially in the late afternoon and evenings.  I had gone down to the Malecon at the end of a packed-full day, and became immediately enamoured with the ambiance.  Truly, Love on the Malecon.



I did take a few rolls of color film with me -- thankfully.  The colors, especially of the buildings, were wonderful.  This shot is called Schoolgirl and Car, and was shot in Trinidad, Cuba. 



Our group took a day trip out to a small village called Vinales.  This image from that afternoon is called Girl with Band.  Though this was in a small cafe in Vinales, the scene of musicians in cafes and restaurants is everywhere -- excellent live music is part of the Cuban culture, day and night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment